Photo Courtesy of Dave Jensen
Draped against a spectacular and visually stunning back drop you will have the opportunity to hone your stillwater skills against some of the largest brook trout on the planet!
Photo courtesy of Dave Jensen
I will provide detailed stillwater instruction in a focused, almost one on one, environment. The timing of this seminar is no accident and is intended to target the intense annual chironomid emergence Fortress Lake offers. Here is a sample of some of what you will learn:
- How to read a lake and locate trout on a consistent basis
- Equipment requirements and preferences
- Detailed leader construction techniques
- Retrieves and presentation
- How to fight big fish (Fortress Brook Trout range between 3-7 pounds)
- Sinking line tricks, tactics and techniques
- Chironomid techniques using both floating and sinking lines
- Tips on choosing the right fly for the right conditions
- Return Flight by scheduled float plane shuttle from the base near Hinton, Alberta.
- Accommodations at Fortress Lake
- Meals, snacks, and beverages
- Use of boats, canoes, kayaks
- Stillwater fly fishing instruction including comprehensive morning and evening seminar instruction prior to heading out on the lake.
- Minimum of 2.5 days fly fishing Fortress Lake Memories and instruction to last a life time!
*Prices are in Canadian funds and do not include applicable taxes, alcohol, fishing licenses, gratuities and flies.
Space is limited so please book early by contacting Fortress Lake Wilderness Retreat at 403 346 1698 or email email@example.com
For additional course information please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope to see you there!
This past weekend I was presenting at the BC Boat and Sportsman's show in Abbotsford BC. Abbotsford is located about 1-hour east of Vancouver, BC home of the 2010 Winter Olympics. The show was well attended and the line ups to get in the show each morning was staggering. As a former lower mainland resident for over 25 years it was great to see old friends and marvel at the growth and urban development that has occurred since I left just over five years ago.
While at the show I based myself along with good friend Brian Chan at the BC Outdoors booth signing copies of my new book and the recently released Learning With The Pros, Stillwater Fly Tying, Volume 1, I completed with Brian.
We also provided fly tying sessions and stillwater seminars. I even ventured up onto the casting pond to provide seminars detailing my favorite retrieves and tactics for both floating and sinking line presentations.