Thursday, January 7, 2010

Shows, Calendars and Trips

I thought I would take a break from writing and prepping for my upcoming shows and presentations in January.  Kind of ironic taking a break from writing by writing something in my blog?

My new book Stillwater Selections, as you are probably aware is out and feedback has been quite positive.  Some are wondering if it will be available in stores.  Presently it is only available directly from the publisher, BC Outdoors Sports Fishing magazine.  My latest instructional DVD should be ready for sale with a few weeks.  It is entitled, BC Outdoors Learning with the Pros Stillwater Fly Tying Volume 1 and features both myself and good friend Brian Chan.  As with my book it will only be available through the producer, BC Outdoors Sports Fishing magazine.  Booth the book and DVD will be available for sale at the Fly Fishing Events show in Calgary, January 22-24, 2010 and the Fraser Valley Boat and Outdoor Show, March 5-7, 2010.  Both Brian and I will be presenting at both shows so please drop by if you can.

For those of you like me who finally realize the year has changed when your calendar no longer makes sense there is a fly fishing solution.  Why not pickup a 2010 Canadian Fly Fishing Art Calendar?  These unique and beautiful calendars feature a series of of fly prints from original watercolors by Larry Stefanyk.  To order a copy please visit the Island Fisherman Finder website



 I have also added step-by-step instructions and images for two fly patterns on my site, the Draggin and Water Floatman






On a final note, I will be hosting a stillwater fly fishing seminar this year at Fortress Lake Retreat from June 18-21, 2010.  If you have ever wanted to catch trophy brook trout in an absolutely spectacular setting then this seminar is for you!  I kid you not, it is like fishing in a postcard!  The flight in is well worth the price of admission, lots of Kodak moments on this trip.

This comprehensive seminar will cover a wide range of subjects with a particular emphasis on chironomid techniques.  We will of course provide you with ample chances to shank hands with trophy brook trout in excess of seven pounds!  We are just finalizing the details so please keep an eye out for additional information including costs in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment