Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable New Year's celebrations and didn't over indulge too much!  Mine was pretty tame, watching a fantastic world junior hockey game and a DVD.  I am definitely showing a preference for quiet relaxed New Year's celebrations, they are just the ticket!

January tends to be a quiet time for most fly fishers.  It does however mark the beginning of the 2010 outdoor show season.  Here in frigid Edmonton, it was a high of -17C today, the Northern Lights Fly Tyers-Trout Unlimited Edmonton holds their annual educational seminar weekend in January.  This dynamic club has a distinguished history of attracting some of the biggest names in fly fishing.  Last year it was Dave Whitlock.  2010 sees Gary Borger and Mike Lawson providing a comprehensive 2-day seminar that includes 12 1-hour sessions covering a wide variety of subjects.  If you can be in Edmonton for the weekend of January 16-17 I strongly recommend you make the time attend this seminar.  For more information you can visit the What's New section of my website or the Northern Lights Fly Tyers-Trout Unlimited Edmonton site.

My first show of the season sees me in Spruce Meadows Calgary, Alberta presenting at the Fly Fishing Events show on January 22-24 .  I will be providing a variety of fly tying sessions, PowerPoint seminars and two workshops.  This show also marks the first public release of my new book Stillwater Selections.  For those of you dropping by this great show you can pick up a copy and if you wish I would be happy to autograph it for you.  My latest instructional DVD with good friend Brian Chan will also be ready for release at the Fly Fishing Events show. Brian will also be presenting.

When I am not presenting you should be able to track me down at either the Fly Fusion or BC Outdoors Sports Fishing booths.

For more information regarding this show please visit the Fly Fishing Events website.  I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment