Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Stillwater Selections Now Available!

Happy holidays and best of the season to everyone!  Good news my latest book, Stillwater Selections is now available!  As I have mentioned in previous Blog entries, Stillwater Selections contains 55 new patterns that have not been featured in my previous books. 




Stillwater Selections is presently only available at this time through BC Outdoors Sports Fishing magazine.  To order your copy please contact BCO at 1-800-898-8811, overseas customers can call 604-464-3186 between 8:30-4:30 Pacific Time Monday through Friday.  Copies may also be purchased through BC Outdoors Sports Fishing website or at one of the trade shows BC Outdoors Sport Fishing magazine will be attending in 2010 such as the Fly Fishing Events Show in Calgary and the Fraser Valley Boat and Outdoors Show.   I will be speaking at both of these events so please stop by the BC Outdoors Sport Fishing booth and I will be happy to sign a copy for you!

I have also added step by step tying instructions to my website for the Fly Craft Fullback.  The Fly Craft Fullback is probably my number one searching pattern when visiting a lake for the first time or if there appears to be little in the way of hatch activity to focus the trout's attention.  My favorite size is probably a #8, in olive, peacock or bronze olive Diamond Dub.  This pattern represents many favored stillwater food sources including scuds, damsel nymphs, dragon nymphs, caddis pupa and water beetle larva.  Try using a pearlescent wingcase covered with Tuffleye acrylic to create a 'flash back' version.  This is one of the flies I used as part of the gold medal Stillwater Solutions team at the 2007 Canadian Fly Fishing Championships.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment