Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2010 Show Season is in Full Swing

I just returned from the Fly Fishing Events show at the Spruce Meadows complex in Calgary.  I had the chance to talk to many people who attended, not only the show but in my presentations, tying demonstrations and workshops.  I spent most of my time when I wasn't presenting at the BC Outdoors booth signing copies of my latest book Stillwater Solutions.  Thanks to all of you who braved the elements and dropped by as well for your kind words regarding the book.  By all reports the book has been well received. 

This past weekend also saw the release of BC Outdoors Learning With the Pros-Tying and Fishing Stillwater Flies-Volume 1 DVD featuring myself and good friend Brian Chan.  Our latest DVD features 12 new stillwater patterns along with our favorite presentation techniques for each fly.  The six flies I featured come directly from my latest book.  You can contact BC Outdoors at 1-888-898-8811 to order your copy.




Prior to the Fly Fishing Events show I had the pleasure of speaking to the Santiam Fly Casters in Salem Oregon.  It was nice to get out of the cold for a few days.  The Santiam Fly Casters were the first club to see my latest presentation, Advanced Chironomid Techniques.  I also provided a short on camera tying demonstration featuring some of my favorite chironomid patterns right after my presentation.  If your club or group would like me to speak to them please contact me via email at flycraft@shaw.ca.

This coming weekend sees me in Red Deer, Alberta providing an all day tying seminar featuring a cross section of patterns from the Stillwater Selections book.  By all accounts it is going to be a full house with over 25 people scheduled to attend.

For more information on my 2010 show season and speaking events please visit my Calendar section on my website.  New dates continue to be added.

No comments:

Post a Comment